Monday, April 18, 2011

There can be only one

Sunday was one of the toughest days I've had in a long time, but it's behind me now. I packed up my bags this morning and departed North again. I've had a lot of time to think on the trail, especially about some interesting facts that I read about before my departure.

Only 20% of the people that try to hike the Appalachian Trail actually finish. Of those 20%, only 5% write a blog about it. Of those 5%, only one is any good. I realize that I can't stop now because my fans out there need some inspiration in their lives. What if one day typical people wake up and decide, you know what, I don't want to pay the mortgage anymore! Or what if some lady quits her job today because it's "tough" and she doesn't want do it anymore? That's why I keep pushing myself to the limit. I realize that a lot of people out there just need a reason to keep on living sometimes. A little bit of hope. I am thinking of you guys with each mile I put behind me.


I stopped after about 6.4 miles today and am setting up camp now. No need to get crazy this early on. I'll be posting about my adventures when I stop tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment