Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day One

Wow! Day one is over and man, am I exhausted. My friend Bryan reneged on his offer to drop me off because of the comments I made on his stupid car. Instead, I had to take a Taxi to Neel's Gap. That is where I left off back in 2009. I started about six miles north of the gap. No need to retrace my footsteps.

I hiked a pretty respectable 6.3 miles today according to my Garmin. Since this was my first day I decided not to push myself too hard. Plus, unlike most people in life, I realize the importance of stopping to smell the roses. I had a picnic today, a few Power Bars and a Mountain Dew. I took the time to reflect on how truly fortunate and blessed I really am.

It's getting late now so I am going to start setting up camp. I am hoping I can get to level 50 tonight on Call of Duty so that I can prestige again! Hopefully my ps3 and Garmin will stay charged long enough to reach my goal!

2 comments:

  1. Why do you keep deleting my comments? Just interested in what I'm doing

    ReplyDelete