Sunday, April 10, 2011

Home of the Braves!

After 365 days of waiting baseball has returned to Atlanta! As most of you know I postponed my trip into the wild for two more weeks to make it out to the Braves season opener! My friends Jimmy, Blackwell and I packed up my SUV and headed off to Turner Field, recognized as one of the most historic parks in sports.

I had to swing by the office quickly to submit my expense report for my new iPhone 4. As many of you know, I recently broke my 2nd iPhone the other night by dropping it into the toilet at a Waffle House. I really wasn't too worried about it because it was a company phone. When I walked into the office dad told me that he was happy that I finally decided to quit chasing my white whale and that he was proud of me for focusing on reality. I didn't know what whales had to do with anything. I handed him my expense report and told him when he sees me in August I will be chasing lobsters, not whales.

Then Grandpa walked in. Grandpa was old school – tough like Jack Palance in City Slickers. Back in 2010 I was approved for a 10% salary raise by my immediate manager only to be overturned by Grandpa. He is always saying to me, "When I was seventeen, I walked into the jungle. And by twenty-one, I walked out. And by God, I was rich!" I tell him I walked into the jungle back in 1990 without even using up up, down down, left right, left right, b a and walked out with the highest score of all time. I hope that one day he will realize what the word accomplishment means.


I was not able to make it into the game, but my beer pong play was top notch. Apparently the game was not any good, so I didn’t miss anything.

1 comment:

  1. When do you leave for the trail? What gear are you taking? How much training have you been doing? The AT being 2,180-ish miles is a shit load of hiking. Don't think I am criticizing you, but if I was about to hike for several months, I wouldn't be downing kegs of beer at Braves games and wrestling events. I understand the need to keep things in perspective and not focus entirely on the trip, but not going into the trail with the right mindset will lead to the most common injury, human error. Good Luck Bud.

    ReplyDelete