Sunday, April 17, 2011

And on Sunday, He didn't Rest

I am in so much pain right now. I covered almost ten miles today. The Garmin says 9.1, but I would swear it was twice that. I don’t have much energy to post, but due to the outpouring of support and new advertisers, I am going to tough it out.


In 2009, I couldn’t catch a break. Last time, I had to hound them to get ads, this time, I clicked a button on Wednesday or Thursday, and they all flocked to the site by the weekend. This is really encouraging. It seems like everything is going my way, at least big picture anyway. The hiking is still really tough, no matter how many people have your back.


I really got my ass handed to me today. Hiking is serious business. I felt like a 30 year old visiting his old college town, trying to pick up chicks. You might survive the trail, but you can never conquer it.


“Brent Jonson”, (I doubt that is your real name) why don't you become one of my followers? You are obviously already a fan. Based upon your username, I assume it is a tribute to me. Either way, you have two options: join the haters or join my supporters. The former will be sitting in their parent’s basement wasting their lives. The latter will be celebrating with me, drinking bud light and eating lobster in August.

2 comments:

  1. Man, I feel you on that whole college chicks thing. Stay strong brother! Just heard camping on the trail has been shut down. Is this something you did, Brent? Is your trip over?

    http://www.greenfieldreporter.com/view/story/2571ff1b722e4aca9bc5558011163083/GA--Georgia-Bears-Appalachian-Trail/

    -Kunz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really glad Brent posted today, I was worried he was going to step in a bear trap!!!

    ReplyDelete