Thursday, March 31, 2011

I Don't Believe in April Fools

After giving is some careful consideration the other night over a few beers, I decided that it would be in my best interest if I stayed in town for the Braves season opener next week. This was not an easy choice for me as I had to carefully weigh all the options. If I embarked on the trail on the 1st like I originally intended after Vegas, I would have two extra weeks to make it to Maine. At my speed that easily translates into 200 miles. On the other hand, If I had left on April 1st people might get the wrong impression and think this whole thing is a joke.

I've been getting a lot of people who have given me kudos for this second iteration of the blog. My followers and fans have been growing at an exponential rate. Just the other day I got a message from one of my college friends wishing me luck on the trail and that she was sending me her prayers. I called her up and thanked her for the support, but told her that it was not needed. She should save her prayers for the weak. All of this factored into my decision to stay grounded until April 15th. I figure you guys can check back once done with your taxes for another year.

The other day my dad called me while I was at Dave & Buster’s. He asked me to come back to work. Work? Here I am, about to embark on one of the most perilous journeys conceivable, and all he can think about is his bottom line. I told him that I was still on vacation because I was preparing for the trail and to not call me until August. Some people need to think before they open their mouths.

No comments:

Post a Comment