Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Two Week Notice

The daily grind is killing me. I felt energized this past weekend because I was that much closer to where I belong – the trail. I think my reflection on the last trip has been helpful. The more I think about it, the more I realize I would have made it but for acts of god. If that white squall had not hit on day three and ruined my electronics I would have gone all the way.

I gave notice at work that I won’t be working for the next five months as of lunch today. They gave me a hard time because they don’t live on the edge like me. Short notice? I just made a life changing decision a week ago. How is that for short notice? Most of the gear I picked up is still in the original packaging. I am hiking the better part of North America two weeks from now. How many people can say that? They don't get it like I do.

They work in the shop every day, but don’t have the drive like I do. They could never hike the trail like I have. Some people just don’t set their sights as high as me. It has been tough in the past with friends and relationships. Most people mean well enough, but cannot keep up with what I do because they are on a different trajectory.

I will keep you guys posted as I count down the days to my departure.

No comments:

Post a Comment