Thursday, March 3, 2011

Not Backing Down

There are a lot of people rooting for me to fail. What they don’t understand is that I have blocked out all of the bad influences in my life. That is why you guys don’t see me hanging out with JM or Tim anymore. While they are doing stupid stuff like working at their jobs or socializing at bars, I am training for the trail. If you give others the chance to bring you down, they will. Tonight, free of encumbrances, I beat Goldeneye in 5.5 hours on agent level with no codes.

Trying to break my focus, my brother Matt stopped by my apartment. I asked him what he wanted. He said that dad was sick of my antics, that it was time to come back to work. I asked him what antics. He said that dad thought I had gone totally insane, that playing video games on the Appalachian Trail was crazy. Was it crazy? When was the last time either of them hiked the trail? Last time I checked, I know more about the trail than just about anyone.

Matt said that I would have to hike 20 miles a day, and that video games would just weigh me down. I told him that if he wanted to apologize, he could do so late July in Maine.

I knew dad or grandpa would send him. I asked him if he was jealous. He said he was worried. I told him he was neither, that he was an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment