Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Vegas Baby

So I’m on the plane heading to Vegas right now. I tried to order a Dew and got shot down. The stewardess said they had mellow yellow and it was the same thing. Same thing? Was Sega CD and 32x the same thing? Was Dr. Wily in Megaman the same as Dr. Wily in Megaman II? I don't think so.


This Gogo inflight WiFi internet access is pretty cool. I went ahead and purchased the one year unlimited use plan. It is a way better deal than the one time rate. Plus, I have a feeling I will be needing it a lot upon my completion of the trail.


I am so keyed up for the hike, but I need to calm down so that I don’t lose my focus at the poker tables. I had originally planned to watch some of the basketball games at the sports book, but now I am thinking it is poker only for me. I have always preferred to focus on my strengths – video games, flag football, computer programming, hiking, and poker. I got some extra prep in yesterday by watching The Gambler, The Sting, The Sting II, Rounders, and Cincinnati Kid on Netflix. The only one who will be able to beat me this weekend is me.


Last weekend my brother and I went to Dick’s Sporting Goods because he wanted to climb the wall. I agreed to show him how to do it. I also figured I might encounter some sheer cliffs on the trail, so brushing up on my free climbing skills was a plus. I laughed to myself when I saw all the novices with belayers and hookups to leads. Those guys wouldn’t last a week on the trail.


I'll be landing any minute now so I need to go ahead and post before my connection is lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment