Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Staying Real

Some of you guys may have it out for me, but I will never change. I am going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do. I will keep going on this trail. You can criticize me, root against me, and do whatever you want.

If I have a setback, some of you can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about me not accomplishing my goals. Eventually you will have to get back to the real world and your jobs. I will still be on the trail. While you are stressing over a promotion or the inventory or the big merger I will be eating lobster in Maine celebrating a singular accomplishment.

The recent animosity from Jackson and Tim reminded me why I began this trip. In March of 2009, I began a journey to escape this world of hate and vitriol. I wanted the trail to lead to a simpler time. As I hike now, I realize that times may have been different, but they were never simple.

It is with mind in turmoil and body in repose that I post the following:

SATURDAY, JANUARY 31, 2009

So I still haven't set an exact start date, but I've narrowed it down to between March 6th to the 14th or 15th. I'm about to start working on my itinerary next week, and hopefully will figure out my start date then. I'm also planning on getting some of my gear next week, start breaking it in and testing it out. The anticipation has been building, and it seems like it can't come soon enough.

Also, if anyone lives near the trail, let me know, and maybe at some point we can meet up.

I also want to thank my parents for supporting me with this. Without their help and support, I wouldn't be able to do this. Thanks as well to my friends who are supportive, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment