Thursday, June 9, 2011

Crossing the Line

Jackson recently asked me "Exactly where on the trail are you?". At first I shrugged it off as ignorance. Then I started to read it again. And again. The more I read it, the more I realized that I was being mocked. It is obvious if you have been following my blog that I have made plenty of progress along the trail. It is maddening to write brilliant posts and have rubes that don't get them try and bring me down. This blog would have been a huge success if a bunch of jerks hadn't been dead set on taking me out. Rome wasn't built in one day.

My confidence is shaken. I don't know who I am any more.There is an idea of a Brent; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.


Jackson, you may have thought you won, but all you've done is set in motion of chain of events that will leave you mystified and bereft of your senses. You will regret having ever crossed me. You have forced my hand, and I hope that one day God will forgive me.

Monday, January 12, 2009

It's Official

At this point in my life, I'm not so sure where I want to go with it like most people my age. I know it's time for a change, yet I'm not positive what that change is. So, over the past month or two, I've been researching and reading a lot of stuff about the Appalachian Trail. And I have decided I'm going to give it a shot. I'm going to attempt to hike the whole Trail. Yes, it sounds crazy and tough, but I feel I need to do this for myself. Get away from everything and figure out some things. When will I leave? I'm not sure on the exact date, but it will be early to mid-March. I will put updates up occasionally until I start, and hopefully once I do start, it will be either daily or weekly.

I'm really excited to do this, and can't wait for the journey that awaits me.

No comments:

Post a Comment