Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Unfinished Business

So most of my fan base out there has probably noticed that Brent's Appalachian Trail blog is no longer up. After my most loyal fans created a Facebook tribute to my blog, it started to get way too much traffic. I got a call from the president of Blogspot imploring me to take down my blog.

But good news! I've upgraded from a basic account to a basic account plus. I can now handle dozens of visitors per day to Brent's Appalachian Trail Blog: This Time it's Personal.

On a more serious note, some of you may have heard that I got a little bit drunk this weekend. I didn't think my friends would leave me to die (you know what you did Tim). After outrunning a band of thugs in Atlanta, I found the safest hiding place I could - the sidewalk in front of a Citgo gas station. My survival skills developed on the trail had kicked in. I had also seen an episode of Man vs. Wild in which Bear Grylls had made an elaborate bed using nothing more than leaves and sticks. I didn't have any leaves or sticks, so I had to improvise - I used a trash bag for warmth. In the madness of it all I lost my keys and wallet, but luckily no search party was needed because I kept my trusty phone.

All of this madness made me realize something - who is Brent? When I went home and looked into the mirror, I no longer recognized the man staring back at me. Could I keep up this up forever? I realized there was only one thing that could be done. I have to face the facts and take control of my life. I have to return. I have to go back to where it all began...

No comments:

Post a Comment