Thursday, February 24, 2011

Advanced Preparation

As most of you guys know, once I set out to do something, I don’t delay. I recently made a major life decision to hike the Appalachian Trail a second time. I'm looking to set out on March 25th.

My parents took me to REI and Best Buy last night to pick up new gear for the trail. I still have my gear from the last hike, but I worked it pretty hard over those five days in 2009. I picked up a Garmin 7500 with a 7” screen. I also bought the real-time traffic upgrade and the extended warranty.

I must admit the last time I hiked the trail I was young and naive. I thought I could get by at night playing games on my cellphone. Boy was I wrong. I don’t make the same mistake twice though. Yesterday I picked up a PS3 slim and the newest Call of Duty game from Best Buy. I also got a video cable that will connect it to the gps unit. Paired with my Verizon wireless card, I'll stay connected to the real world. This will help keep me focused - keep me sharp.

I need my wits to make it all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment