Saturday, May 14, 2011

Revelations

Last night I had another dream. Usually in my dreams I'm a ninja, the President, or a combination of the two - but this was different. The year was 1838 and my name was not Brent. My people called me Dances with Wolves. I was a proud warrior of the Cherokee tribe. I was on a trail, but it wasn't the Appalachian trail. I was on the Trail of Tears.

This was much different than the quest I had embarked on back in March. I had no gps. I had no playstation 3. I drank water from streams instead of dew from cans. There were no highways and trees were everywhere.

They called it the Trail of Tears because it separated the men from the boys, and those who couldn't handle it left crying. Chief Abita had sent me on this mission so that I could marry his daughter Pocahontas. My rival for her love was none other than the Indian warrior Sunken Chest. We were to embark on the trail together, and the first to return was to be married to Pocahontas.

The trail itself was much different than the Appalachian trail. For starters there was very little in the area of elevation change. It was more or less a nice, leisurely pace over plains and grassy knolls. After several days Sunken Chest began to drag behind me. After a few weeks I was sure that I had won because he was nowhere to be seen. When I returned to the village in August I came upon the shock of a lifetime. Instead of being greeted with lobster tails and ale, I was greeted by the wedding of Pocahontas and Sunken Chest!

This morning I really started to think about the dream and what it meant. My subconscious was trying to tell me something. I realized that Sunken Chest was actually my "friend" Tim. This wasn't the first time he had screwed me out of getting the girl. Also this wasn't the first time he had cheated to win. In a poker game back in 2007 I had a QKA23 straight but Tim swindled me out of the pot. This dream just reminded me that he can't be trusted and that he owes me $200.

No comments:

Post a Comment