Thursday, May 12, 2011

Lone Wolf

I have been hiking hard for the last week. Since I checked out from the Holiday Inn I have covered almost 35 miles of North Carolina trail. I called one of my best friend’s, Tyler, and told him that I would be coming by in a few weeks. He lives in Raleigh, which is basically on the trail. He said he does not think he can rendezvous. I have no need for his fancy cop talk. I am a lone wolf.

I feel more alone than ever before. For the last few weeks my number of followers has been stagnant. I feel like you guys don’t believe in me anymore even though I have covered almost sixteen times as much of the trail as I did in 2009.

I tried calling my best friend Scott, but he didn’t answer. He is probably Spring Breaking it hard like usual. When I finish the trail it will put me in the same league as him. In just a few months we will tear up a coastal town in Maine, but this time, as equals.

I called in to work to see whether my check would get deposited tomorrow or on Monday. I asked for dad, but all I got was voicemail. That is how I feel right now. I am leaving a message to the world, but I don’t know if anyone is listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment