Thursday, May 5, 2011

Not Just a Game

Today they announced the selections for the Art of Video Games exhibit at the Smithsonian. I have been following this pretty closely for the last few months and have been involved in some serious debate on various gaming forums. I am going to let you guys in on the winners before they are announced publicly later on today. I am trying to get to a high enough elevation to catch the webcast announcing the winners today at 1:00. Only a few hours left to make sure I will have good enough service to stream the show.


Luckily I have a few inside sources on the selection committee (shout out to xGandalfx2602) and received early notice of the winners. Since I have to get moving, I am only going to list the major categories, NES and SNES. The winners:


NES – Mario III, Zelda, 1943, Desert Commander. I predicted each one except for 1943. I stand by my vote and think Top Gun got the shaft here.


SNES – Mario World, Zelda: Link, Star Fox, SimCity. Again, I was three for four. I sent a letter to the selection board last month demanding that they remove SimCity from the snes slate. Everyone knows that a platform transfer from pc to console should disqualify the game. I am not happy about this one, and I know that I am not alone on this.


Alright, time to get moving so I can see the webcast!

No comments:

Post a Comment